Real Talk Hotline
The Real Talk website is developed by Shift, a non-profit dedicated to shifting the stigma around abortion in our culture, to address the needs of thousands of Texans who struggle to gain access to a safe abortion. Needing an abortion can mean having to navigate multiple barriers, including but not limited to: the high cost of abortion, child care, travel and transportation costs, lodging, forgoing work, and being away from family and loved ones longer than necessary. These barriers can be emotionally trying and very expensive, which is why we want to make the experience of accessing an abortion as seamless as possible.
Real Talk provides medically accurate information about abortion, including supportive referrals in your community - physicians, health care organizations and support services. We also provide information on Texas abortion laws and how they impact your healthcare decisions, updated clinic information and answers to FAQs about abortion care in Texas. We are here for you.
Real Talk can you help you with:
- Locating open abortion clinics in your area
- Locating referral options for supportive care like pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, gynecology, prenatal care, or counseling services
- Understanding the different Texas laws, what they mean and how they can effect you
- Getting medically and scientifically accurate information about pregnancy and abortion care
- Figuring out how to raise the money or get the resources together to make it to and cover the abortion procedure
- Getting in touch with local organizations that offer a variety of information and resources that are actually helpful to your needs